Tuesday 12 March 2013

Making the most of your chicken.




Not very pretty, I did warn you. But that chicken is sooooo succulent! 
So, drain off all the juices that have run out of the chicken, these are very rich and can be used either in soup, risotto, pasta sauce, for gravy, any number of yummy recipes.



Strip every last shred of chicken off and place all the skin/bones/carcass, back in the slow cooker.
On the plate is about 1 and half breasts that I will be serving for dinner tonight with roast trimmings (yorkshire, stuffing, mash, roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, the works).
In the tuppaware box on the left is all the leftover chicken that will be our meals this week. This becomes a bit of a game, how far can I stretch my chicken. 
Place the tub of stock and tub of extra chicken in the fridge/freezer.



Pour about 4 pints of water into your slow cooker, add seasoning (I added two bay leaves, pinch of herbs, salt, plenty of pepper and 3 minced garlic cloves) and put your slow cooker on low overnight. Easy peasy.
I will show you all how to strain your stock and use it later, and I will be posting all the yummy recipes that I make from this £4 2kg chicken. Stay tuned! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment