Thursday 14 March 2013

'Baguette' and butter pudding




I dont usually go shopping midweek, but on Monday we went down to asda when hubby got home from work, and I picked up this baguette for 15p. We had some of it with our meal on Monday, and some for Tuesdays lunch with brie, but still have a lot of it left. Its Thursday now and its gone rather hard and stale, no good for eating 'fresh'. So I was pondering what to do with it, having already got a bag of bredcrumbs in the freezer.

Bread and butter pudding I have made many times, its very easy and not too sweet. Cant say ive ever done it with baguette before though. Can it be done with baguette? Were about to find out ;)



Slice your baguette and spread with butter, line the bottom of a dish, you should probably grease the dish first, unfortunatly I forgot! Then sprinkle some sugar over the top. Repeat with another layer, sprinkle with sugar.



When your finished cutting your baguette and your left with all those bread crumbs, scoop them up and put them into your breadcrumb bag in the freezer, they come in very useful when you want to top a pasta bake or make a treacle tart.

I used 3 eggs, and about a pint and a half of milk, used the little bit we had left of the semi skimmed milk and the rest was made up with powdered milk.




Pour your milk/egg mix over the top and bake for about 30-45mins, untill its fairly solid and all puffed up.



While that was baking I also stuck in some stuffing for lunch. We had some leftover roast chicken with stuffing on some cobs I picked up for 15p of monday.
This is such and easy lunch and the kids LOVE stuffing, plus its 15p per pack! Cant beat that, serve with side salad.

I didnt need the whole pack of stuffing and still have half left. Ill just roll them into balls and freeze them until I need them.

nom, nom, nom, nom!



No comments:

Post a Comment