Monday 23 September 2013

Mushroom soup

I literally have been souping all weekend. They take about 15mins to put together. And if I have a day at home its easy to put one together, let them cool, blend and freeze for a quick meal out of the freezer.
So this was my second soup, I intend to jazz it up by adding some feta cheese and smoked ham when I serve it, or maybe some walnuts.

Mushroom soup
1 onion chopped 3 cloves garlic grated
1.5 kilo  mushrooms
I had some leftover celery to stuck some of that in
1.5 litre stock - I used 1 chicken stock cube and teaspoon veg buillion.
plenty fresh cracked black pepper

Again just fry the onion and garlic to soften, add mushrooms and celery and stock.
This is my easiest one yet the mushroom only take maybe 5 mins to cook? Then blend. Easy and simple and anything can be added to it to make it a bit 'more' for a family meal, and fancy bread such as ciabatta or focaccia. I didnt add any herbs to this one because I wanted it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment