Monday 23 September 2013

Menu plan 23 - 29 Sept

So as you probably guessed the one a month shopping didnt work out well. My hubby's newfound passion for baking is wrecking my budget but I cannot bring myself to complain considering in the past week he has made:
2 x pavlovas
2 x chocolate fudge cakes
1 x chocolate victoria sponge
1 x chocolate tart
1 x GIANT tiramisu
Jam tarts/Mince pies
probably more I cant bring to mind right now.
Needless to say, the soup ive been batch freezing is helping me to get off the lbs I have gained over the past few weeks!
Keep calm and carry on.
Plan for this week:
Mon - Leftover lamb biriyani (naan and chutney for those who havent gained half a stone in a week!)
Tues - Double batch of Sausage and bean casserole, half for freezer (using  Lidls half price ones)
Weds - Roast chicken dinner (making chicken soup with leftovers)
Thurs - Chicken and musroom risotto with rest of leftovers
Fri - sweet and sour turkey with noodles/egg fried rice
Sat - pancakes for lunch, out for dinner
Sun - sausage and egg muffins for after meeting, dinner undecided, maybe bolognase.

Snacks - raisins, apples, bananas
Puddings to make: Mincemeat and custard pie, apple and blackberry (foraged! free food, yeah!) crumble, jam/lemon curd sponge

Spending this week has been on 3 joints of pork from morrisons. The pork shoulder was £2.50 kilo and I managed to find some 1 kilo joints so only £2.50 each. 1 is in the freezer ready for a roast dinner. 1 is marinating in smokey chipolate marinade and frozen for a pulled pork in slow cooker at some point. And 1 I chopped and have 2 bags of chopped pork for easy meals with jar sauce or in a chow mein etc. Saved the skin for extra crackling when I do roast dinner.
Lidl ,12 packs of sausages, and 12 cartons of the longlife milk for 24p per carton. also the breakfast muffins as a treat to go with sausages.

Next week Lidl will be having their smoked ham half price, I split each pack into 2 as there is LOADS and you only need a tiny bit to add strong flavour to a meal. so 12 packs usually do me a year. Also they have some special chocolate 34p bar which will be a welcome treat for hubby and kiddies ;) Aldi are changing their super 6 next week and rumour has it that chestnut mushrooms will be on offer! So will be spending a little next week on special offers we couldnt otherwise afford and stocking up.

In other news, my reluctant little girl is *almost* dry during the day! Cannot wait to reduce to 1 nappy per night it will make a huge difference to our budget. Meanwhile i'm collecting clothes in the next sizes up for little ones when I catch them on sale or in charity shops and i want to send out a HUGE thankyou to all my friends who have been donating clothes to us :) 


1 comment:

  1. You make it sounds like me cooking cakes is a bad thing! ;P didnt hear any complaints when they were being eaten! ;)

    ReplyDelete