Monday 30 September 2013

Monday madness....

Mondays are always a mental day here! Back to work, back to (home)school, back to housework routines, back to cooking. 

My aim is to do all this sorting of 'stuff' on sunday. So that by monday its all sorted and I can breeze through the week (yeah right!)

The morning ends up being a whirlwind of, how on earth did I get a years laundry appear overnight?! Changing bedcovers, defrosting food for meals, washing up every single item in the cupboards that somehow ended up getting used and dirty over the weekend. Then remembering the two little minions I spawned, that are fighting over the remote control, and 'oh yeah, schoolwork, about that....'

Madness.

I tend to do any extra jobs on a monday to start off the week well, changing bed covers, mopping, deep hoovering (including the cobwebs etc) dusting, wiping down leather sofa etc etc. I give myself an hour to get back on my feet and the house in order so I can function properly.
I have a daily morning routine, swishing and wiping down the bathroom (sink/toilet etc) washing up after breakfast, wiping down table, dipping the dirty teatowel in washing up before running it away and using it to mop up the surface layer of dust off kitchen floor. Evening is similar, making sure the washing up is done and put away after dinner, kitchen wiped down, everything in order etc.

The kids have 4 main rules at the moment,

1 - dirty clothes go IN THE BASKET. Not on your bedroom floor/bathroom floor or wherever else you dump them. That way I can work through laundry and never have to search the house for a piece of clothing theyve lost.

2 - food stays at the table. It contains the crumbs/mess in one place. and dirty dishes go next to the sink for washing up, not left at the table.

3 - We keep a box in the living room, any toys that find theyre way downstairs throughout the day go in the box and upstairs when you go to bed. It means when the kids go to bed the front room is free of kiddy toys and gives me a break to relax and not be bombarded with constant kiddy mess. They both have toy boxs in their room, that is where toys go. 

4 - You pick up and put away what you get out. end of. 

This keeps me sane and keeps the house ticking over in workable order so I an focus on the more important things. Like....



Kids :)

They have a lot to learn and they grow up fast.
Im very fortunate that my husband supports us so that I can stay home and teach them rather than sending them to school. Ideally I should be getting this ready on Sunday ready for Monday. Im still working on that. Weekends are a whirlwind of family time and not usually time for organizing. So this morning I printed out a free unit on whales :) We will we learning about whales, the sea/environment and focusing schooling around that. We have some writing activities and some number activities built into this too. Of course they are constantly learning life skills, cooking/cleaning/cleanliness/social skills/reading etc throughout the day with me. Its a constant process but some sitting down book learning is also important along with the creative.

Ooooh, and a small announcement....

We have a daytime dry little girly!!!
Its been a bit up and down. She did it for 2 weeks perfectly, not many accidents, then 1 week decided she couldnt be bothered any more. 
So she had a break for a week.
Then we tried again....
2 weeks in, so far so good! :) aside from a little issue with her wanting to hide when she needed a poo, she has found that she can hide in the toilet instead! no accidents, no reminding, no potty, shes just taken to it.

We are down to 1 nappy per night, 9p per day :)

Next issue - NOT empying an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper down the toilet!

yay! X

No comments:

Post a Comment