Monday 23 September 2013

Brocolli, feta and walnut soup

This one is 'technically' a brocolli soup, but I managed to sneak everything green into it ;) I had half a block of feta well past its best that was bugging me. I couldnt figure out how to use it up so came up with this, brocolli was only 49p at aldi this week, as was the savoy cabbage, I think the celery was 39p and has done 4 soups so far.

The actual recipe:
1 onion chopped and 4 cloved garlic grated
Whole head of brocolli including stalk
half block feta cheese
walnuts
1.5 litres stock - 2 chicken stock cubes
plenty of fresh cracked black pepper

I also added:
half a savoy cabbage
half bag of spinach
celery
4 mushrooms
The last of the smoked ham

Fry onion and garlic in a little oil. Add the veg (minus spinach) and add stock. When cool enough to blend, blend in the spinach. When smooth heat up and crumble in the feta. I added the ham and because I was freezing, left the walnuts out. When defrosting and heating I will add some walnuts ontop and maybe a little extra feta if we have any.


No comments:

Post a Comment