Sunday 29 September 2013

Lidls bargains




I only got 6 packs not 12, but its plenty for us ;)
99p pack for 200g!!!, each pack will do maybe 3-4 meals. We dont use it as a base for a meal but a garnish to add strong flavour to a meal, so only a little is needed. They had some really decent packs yesterday! Hardly any rind/fat, very lean :) Can you believe in each of those packs there are 3 layers of ham.

I also found a 1kilo pack of cooking bacon that contained very lean cuts. I think it was around £1.50 for a kilo bag. Again we dont use meat as a base for a meal often and certainly not with bacon. These arent rashers for sticking in bread/cobs. These are offcuts, really chunky thick pieces in all shapes and sizes. 
I tent to cut them up into tiny cubes and fry them until very crispy and use in an omlette/quiche/pasta/pizza/soup/scones, endless possibilities. Very versatile and cheap ingredient with lots of flavour.



7 bags of little cubes of bacon. Each bag should do at least 1, maybe 2 dishes. for £1.59, not bad :)

I have so much frozen veg I havent bought much fresh stuff this week. Just a bag of small apples for £1.30 (Lidl, they are 79p at aldi this week but we couldnt get down) and a bag of pears for 79p. Plus a kilo of bananas for 68p. With raisins and almonds and maybe some home-baked scones/muffins they will do snacks for kiddies for the week :)

I havent done a menu plan yet. I have some cooked turkey steaks to use up, I have a bacon and brie risotto on the brain that I just HAVE to cook soon. I also have a very sorry looking half savoy cabbage and few carrots at the bottom of the fridge that I want to use up.

No comments:

Post a Comment