Thursday 6 February 2014

Simple suppers: cheese and courgette pancakes


This used up the last of the reduced courgettes I picked up (15p for 3!)
Last week we had a last minute change to plans which meant I had to rustle up something instant for the kids and raided the fridge. The bread in the background is balsamic vinegar and red onion tear and share. Recipe to follow soon!

So I raided the fridge and found the courgette and the end of a bag of 10p watercress. My batter mix I get from approved food whenever they have a mix that is just 'add water' meaning I dont have to find milk or an egg! At the moment they have M&S mixs 33p tub.

So I made up half a pint of that by just adding water. Fried off the courgette in a bit of coconut oil, added the batter mix and topped it with watercress and cheese. Kids will eat anything in a pancake! Im thinking of making some stuffed pancakes for a dinner soon, you can also make a lasagna with pancakes instead of pasta sheets if you run out. Well worth keeping some mix in. I think the most expensive part of the recipe was the half a teaspoon of coconut oil I used to fry it in. Which says a lot really.



No comments:

Post a Comment