Friday 7 February 2014

Bargain butter...


Look what I picked up yesterday! Two pots of extra thick double cream for 46p each. Big 600ml pots. The very sad part of me that needs to get out more actually got excited about the fact that it was extra thick, as it meant I wouldn't have to spend as much energy on whipping!


So I've been through butter making before, stick the cream in and whip it.


I washed the pot out to store the butter milk, I got about 400 ml, destined to go into pancakes for tomorrow's breakfast.
Added half a teaspoon of sea salt.


And mixed again with the K beater. Yes my 3 year old did photo bomb me.


628g butter and 400ml buttermilk for 92p. *happydance*


My mum recently gave me some old fashioned butter paddles (thanks mum!) so finally got to try them out today! They really get all the buttermilk out.



Wrapped into 4 blocks ready for the freezer :)
Fridays are usually the day I get to go out. But I'm stuck inside (again!) waiting on a couple of parcels. Cant complain really, they are both for me :P But were getting cabin fever, cant wait for the weekend! I'm going to a local indian shop to pick up some eggs (£1.69 for 30 from a local farm) and some Gram flour. I have plans to make my own instant 'just add water' falafel mix with it. Also an onion bhaji mix. Watch this space. X

1 comment:

  1. Popped over to say hello!
    What a brilliant buy and an equally brilliant way to process it!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete