Wednesday 12 February 2014

my new goodies!


I have successfully mastered crepe pancakes!
Picked up this brand new Tefal crepe pan in a charity shop while shopping with a friend, £4! Should've been around £18. Wasn't going to pass that one up. It makes the most amazing thin perfect pancakes. Love it to bits!

My slow cooker has been on its way out for a while, so:


Met my new purple slow cooker.
Dinner last night was this:


4 chicken quarters, a handful of reduced asparagus, 4 mushrooms, handful of frozen green beans, 1 carrot, 1 red onion and a sachet of thyme and garlic seasoning, (it was 10p and include a baking bag).



All sealed into a baking bag and bunged in the slow cooker.
If I weren't out all day I would have done the veg separately, but I did this at 9am.



Also set the bread-maker to finish for when we got home to go with it.
I went into town to get some gardening supplies:


Thyme, Sage and Rosemary plants! I want to take some cuttings to grow some for my windowsill and plant the rest outside to try and get some herb bushes established.


These are the seeds I have planted to far.
 Broccoli, cauliflower, celeriac, peppers, salad leaves (spinach, lettuce, rocket) cherry tomatoes, large tomatoes and coriander. 



At the shop today I picked up my potatoes (second earlies, not the main crop) a mushroom growing kit, a blueberry bush, raspberry bush, purple cala lilly and purple climbing rose bush. They were all only £1 each! 

Hubby has been busy building me a raised bed from my daughters old cot bed, ill post a pic when I can. Just waiting for this weather to pick up now so can get on with it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment