Thursday 6 February 2014

Simple suppers: Pesto and walnut pasta


 I think this worked out at about 16p per person.
Im full of a stonking cold and not feeling up to cooking much :( So for lunch I just boiled up some pasta and frozen mixed veg, stirred through a couple of teaspoons of pesto and chopped walnuts and topped it with Parmesan.

Keeping pasta in stock should be a no brainer, its a staple. Parmesan I always grate and bag up by the block, and freeze whenever I see if reduced. Its worth keeping in. And pesto has become another staple, I always keep a jar in the cupboard/fridge. You can spread it on a pizza base as an alternative to tomato, add it to soups, its amazing on pasta. At around 90p per 200g jar its not too expensive but adds massive flavour. We love the red pesto too which is tomato based rather than basil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment