Monday 30 December 2013

Home-made pizza

Confession - 1. I came down with *something* last night. Its been coming for a couple of days but I've been ignoring it, and last night I completely lost my voice and crashed out. Hubby made this for us, and he did awesome! :)

2. I used a pizza dough mix! I have a 3.5 kilo bag to use up (40p for the bag, from mum!) so no dough recipe i'm afraid, but I will work out a dough recipe when I'm feeling better.

I love pizza. Bread and cheese addict that I am. Takeout pizza is astronomical in its profits. A bit of bread and cheese should not cost anywhere near £7 odd, and you'd be surprised how little the amount of toppings you actually need, a little goes a long way.

We didn't fancy tomato, so went for a BBQ base and hubby made a stuffed crust for me! :D


After a lot of fighting and beating into submission, we finally got the pizza dough rolled out. It really didn't want to, but we got there in the end :P Made a ring of little mozzarella cubes, sprinkle some cheddar around the ring too. Mozzarella on its own is very creamy, so adding some cheddar gives it a bit of extra cheesy flavour.


note to self - next time roll the pizza out ON the tray. transferring it to the tray from the surface was a nightmare! Thankfully the dough is very forgiving (eventually) and we got there in the end. Simply BBQ sauce for base. Normally is would tomato passata.


 We topped with stuff that needed using in the fridge! Ham, reduced mozzerella, half a reduced red pepper, a few mushrooms from a reduced pack (destined for a risotto on Wednesday) and some grated cheddar. 

We only used 3/4 of the dough for pizza, so made some dough balls with the rest. And an olive oil and garlic dip to go with it.



We dragged the table to the sofa and had a family movie night with home-made pizza! :)
This weekend has been the best we've had in a long time. Regardless of coming down with the bug, regardless certain confusing drama that has been going off in the background, regardless of the spending fast. We had a lovely time at our congregation part Saturday night, I got to talk to some very dear friends who helped me no end when I felt I was about to break, thank-you for that. You know who you are :)

Besides the party 5 mins up the road we didn't go anywhere. No shopping, no errands, we just stayed in our pyjamas and cuddled up as a family. The value of having a strong family (and I include friends in my family) cannot be replaced with anything.

 I have this plaque hanging on my wall, given to me be a very close friend who is going through a very difficult time right now:


Be that person.



No comments:

Post a Comment