Wednesday 14 August 2013

'Sausage and bacon' casserole...

Which only contains 4 sausages! Thats 1 each and I think its going to last us 2 family meals too. 
What I stuck in mine:

4 Sausages - Chopped
1 carrot - Grated
1 Onion - Chopped
3 cloves of garlic - Grated
Handful chopped peppers - From freezer
Handful of chickpeas - pre soaked
Hanful of cannelini beans - Pre soaked
3 pinches of Basil - from freezer
pinch dried mixed herbs
3 tins tomatoes
Splash of Balsamic vinegar
Splash of Lee and Perrins
Decent amount of fresh cracked black pepper
Handful of cooking bacon - chopped from freezer 

You can add most things to this ;) Ive previously added celery, chilli's, sweetcorn, courgette etc.

All I did, was chuck it all in the slow cooker! Usually I would've pre-fried the sausages and onion but today I was short of time. And I have a feeling my little girl will be falling asleep on me later (she didn't have a very good nights sleep!) So this will all be cooking itself while I'm busy with kids.

Will be mixing this with pasta, topping with cheese and serving with garlic bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment