Wednesday 14 August 2013

Menu plan 12-17th....

With money being so tight this month, I have made menu plans from store-cupboard ingredients. Im quite loose with breakfast and lunches, theyre often home-baking/leftovers etc. So I mainly plan dinners.

Mon - Chicken pie, roast potatoes, honey roast carrot's. 
The pastry needed using, chicken was pre-cooked and frozen from a leftover roast chicken. The potatoes were a reduced bag for 30p that needed using up, and the carrots were frozen earlier this summer when on offer at aldi.

Tues - Leftover Lamb Biriyani.
The lamb again, was pre-cooked and frozen from a lamb joint. I used a tikka paste that I bought from approved food (6 jars for £1) and served with mango chutney (again, 6 jars for £1) and half a naan each (20p pack).

Weds - Thai noodle soup with home-made bread
From a 3 kilo 99p tin of thai paste, a pack of rice noodles bulk bought (12 packs for £1) Turkey breast steaks half price Lidl weekend offer (£1.49)

Thurs - Roasted tomato and feta quiche with sweet potato wedges
Using up some of the leftover tomato's I roasted earlier in the week, and 1/3 pack of 95p feta from lidl. The eggs I got a real bargain on (thankyou mummy!) reduced at Makro, 4 dozen for £3.00. Sweet potato's were bought a few weeks ago and need using.


Fri - Bacon, roasted tomato pasta
I will be making some home-made garlic bread to go with this. 1/4 pack of £1.09 cooking bacon, the remaining oven roasted tomatoes, passata, some chopped peppers from the freezer, and pasta, topped with breadcrumbs (in freezer from leftover bread) and parmasen (reduced and grated in freezer). I will add a side of veggies for this meal too, maybe some frozen petit pois.

Sat - Pancakes for breakfast (from a mix 2kilo for 99p, just add water)
Feta  and olive cous cous (1.5 kilo tub 99p)
Dinner we are out at a family's house.


I do need to pick up a bag of potato's for next week, lemon juice, milk and a couple of other bits. I will see how cheap I can get shopping and post it :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment