Wednesday 14 August 2013

Thai noodle soup.....

I havent ordered from approved food for a while now, I haven't had the spare cash to put an order in and there hasn't been anything I want. But last year was different. I put in many orders, and one of the things I ordered was this:



Not the coconut oil! That was very expensive but has lasted me a very long time ;)
On the right, is a 3 kilo tin of thai green curry paste. It takes 3 tablespoons to make an entire meal. 

Thats a LOT of thai green curry!!!!

And it cost a whole 99p!

I have 3 tubs in the freezer and a tub in the fridge for further meals.
Today, instead of making a thai green curry with rice, I decided to make soup!



If you think it looks like a green swamp, you right! But its a tasty green swamp full of coconutty goodness!
I used:
3 tbsp thai green curry paste
Handful spring onions (mine were frozen)
Handful green beans (again, frozen)
3 turkey breast steaks (half price lidl offer)
1 1/2 pints coconut milk (I had some creamed coconut to use up to used that made up with water)
1 Onion (fried)
2 Yellow peppers
1 chicken stock cube
2 packets rice noodles

This is just what I had in my fridge/freezer. If I had courgette and carrot and mange-tout I wouldv'e happily added them. Baby sweetcorn is good too :)

Its very simple, just fry onion in some oil (I used coconut), add pepers, add coconut milk and 3 tbsp paste. I added turkey at this point rather then frying it.
Add all your veg, chicken stock cube, add noodles 10 min before serving.

Im serving this with home-made herb, garlic and lemon bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment