Tuesday 19 February 2013

rubber chicken risotto


This is one of my rubber chicken meals. My last 1.5kilo chicken did 1 lunch for hubby and 4 teatime meals for 4 people. This is the fourth.



I had half an onion and half a pepper to use up from the chutney. 
some leftover cooked chicken from roast (dark meat)
Chicken stock from roast
rice, about a handful per person. (I used proper risotto rice, just because I have some I bought cheap, ive never made risotto with normal rice but apparently it can be done.)
seasoning - stock cubes, salt, pepper, garlic.
white wine - I used vermouth 
I added some special mushrooms too (no, not that kind! special chestnut mushrooms, theyre gorgeous and aldi has them on offer this week 59p!)
I'm also doing a baked camembert starter with rosemary and garlic.


So, step 1, fry your onion and garlic. I used butter to make it richer, but you could use olive oil.


Step 2, add your mushrooms and extra veg.


Step 3, add your lovely home-made chicken stock.



Step 4, season with salt, pepper etc.

Step 5,  Add more stock after the liquid is absorbed, I needed an extra pint, and keep stirring.
While thats cooking....



Unwrap camembert and place back in wooden pot. Slice and stuff with garlic slivers and rosemary.



Bake for 15 - 20 mins while the risotto is finishing. And it should look something like this:



Add your cooked chicken



Stir through and your done :)

Im serving mine with garlic bread (34p baguette) and topped with grana padano cheese.



1 comment: