Monday 18 February 2013

A reluctant gardener


I have this awful habit. It happens every year. I get a fabulous idea to 'grow my own' and start off well, then I dont keep up with it and all my hard work goes down the drain when my little seedlings die. Soooo...yet again...I have decided this year will be different (ha!). Here are my little pots of seeds!



And some BIG pots of herbs


So I will be putting my progress here, call it accountability if you will. I must keep up with it or else the world will know! And I cant wait to show off my homegrown produce (hopefully!) and the recipes I make with them.

I have a good selection started off, possibly far too early (should be around March I think?!) But thanks to my previous unsuccesful attempts at gardening I have all the seeds and equipment, so no enitial outlay of cost apart from the compost. Im fortunate enough to have a decent size garden with a veggie patch, although it is rather overgrown and needs sorting, which I promise I WILL do soon. Last week I harvested the worlds tiniest leeks! They had somehow miraculously survived the winter, and I have also found some 3 foot!!! (yes!) high purple sprouting brocolli! Although no brocolli (boooo!) But the plants are there so hopefully next year I may get some.

So this is the start of my blog. I currently have 2 payments left, and then I am £400 a month down. So I will be posting (hopefully daily!) my money saving tips, tricks, recipes etc. Some may work for you, some will probably not. If I help a few people I will be very happy! We all have different abilities, different circumstances, different families. But we are all pulling together trying to cope with this system of things. Stay strong! Xxx

Coming up - Mango chutney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment