Wednesday 29 July 2015

Lasagne

 
Lasagne is a fab way to stretch a Bolognese sauce and is made a lot easier with the microwave white sauce.
I made my Bolognese with a pack of reduced steak minced, 80p. It did the kids tea with spaghetti yesterday and I'm making a family size lasagne for tonight tea.
 
 
I still had a small tub of Bolognese leftover after making up the lasagne which I stashed in the freezer.
Minced based meals are the easiest way to stretch a tight food budget as its so versatile and can be bulked out.
 
 
Start with a layer of Bolognese.

 
Layer of lasagne sheets.

 
Layer of white sauce.

 
Layer of lasagne sheets and repeat until you finish with a layer of white sauce.

 
Then just top with cheese.
 
 
Ive made mine up in the morning ready to stick in the oven for tea. I will be filling the oven with baking while its in to make the most of the oven being on. Serving this with side salad and garlic dough balls.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment