Monday 15 September 2014

Pizza dough recipe....

 
I take my pizza very seriously ;) And I've been trying different bases to try and find the best! Its taken a while but I've got a recipe that works brilliantly. Its a Jamie Oliver one.
 
This is a double batch recipe, so I keep half in the fridge and freeze half. Makes at least 2 large pizzas.
 
800g bread flour
200g semolina
1 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
1 tblsp sugar
4 tblsp olive oil
650ml warm water
 
I've halved the recipe and that works fine if you don't need as much. Ive made it by hand and in the breadmaker on 'dough' setting. I prefer leaving the breadmaker to get on with it, but at the end of the cycle it was hitting the roof and trying to escape, so id halve it if using a breadmaker :)
 
 
My old breadmaker! I had my other one making a loaf so had two on the go this morning.

 
Right tub will be in the fridge for pizzas later on. Do keep an eye on it. Last week it rose in the fridge and managed to pop the lid off and escape. The left one is stashed in the freezer for later.
 
Let's face it, pizzas aren't the healthiest of foods. But it depends how you make them. Its basically bread and whatever you put on it. Favourites here are:
 
Bases:
Garlic butter
Tomato Passata and herbs
BBQ sauce
A drizzle of olive oil
Pesto
 
Toppings:
Leftover chicken
Chorizo
Salami/pepperoni
Peppers
Mushrooms
tinned pineapple chunks
Spinach
Prosciutto ham
Ham trimmings/Gammon bits
Cooking bacon
sweetcorn
Jalapeños
Basil leaves
Leftover sausage
Cheeses (mozerella (40p) cheddar/Brie/Edam etc)
 
You can come up with any number of combinations of whatever is in your fridge. Its cheap and fun to make with kids and lovely for a family movie night on the sofa.


No comments:

Post a Comment