Sunday 8 February 2015

Home-made fish and chips, 45p each.

 



Remember the kilo of Haddock fillets I got reduced to £3.50? There were 4 massive fillets in it.
I made fish and chips for lunch.
Used 2 of the fillets and cut them in half to feed the 4 of us. So there's still 2 in the freezer.
I didn't use any special batter just some of the batter mix from approved food and deep fried. Chips just peeled and chopped potatoes deep fried.
Home-made coleslaw to serve, which is just some reduced cabbage, onion and carrot mixed with some mayo and black pepper.
 
Total cost £1.80 for 4. Or 45p each.
This was my first go at it and was really pleased! Definitely be doing this again with any reduced fish I find :)
Tomorrow I have some chopped cooking bacon and eggs to use so I'm doing carbonara with some garlic flatbread (dough in the fridge needs using).

No comments:

Post a Comment