Wednesday 16 September 2015

bread and butter/summer pudding hyrbrid.....

 
 
Some-times using up odds and ends produces some strange but tasty combo's, lol.
The bread here was a fresh bloomer I bought reduced, it was starting to go stale so I sliced it and buttered both sides for a bread and butter pudding. I had a box of raspberries and a handful of blueberries to use up. They were defrosted out of the freezer so too soft to eat on their own.
So I stuck them in this, lol. Layer of bread, sprinkle sugar, layer of blueberries, layer of bread, sprinkle of sugar layer of raspberries.
I made up a pint of milk using powdered and added the egg I used to glaze the pie and another 2, poured the mix over.

 
It went in the oven the same time as the pie to make the most of the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment